Thursday, June 02, 2005

McDonald's Urban Legend

My sister called me last week to warn me that at the McDonald's down the street from my Father's store a man had taken a bite of his big mac and discovered that his "hamburger" was a rat patty (with a tail)! I laughed and told my sister that it couldn't be true, but she insisted and swore to me that she had seen the police outside the restaraunt. I can't verify that she was telling the truth, but I don't know why she would make it up. There are just so many fast food myths floating around that I had trouble believing her.



Please follow this link:
Hold the Mayo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michaela said...

Speaking of fast food urban legends, we've all been hearing about the woman who claimed she found the finger in her Wendy's chilli bowl, and it turned out she had planted it there herself. Apparently it was just a con to get money out of Wendy's. Unfortunately, even though it was proven that the woman planted the finger herself, Wendy's sales dropped significantly because of the incident. In this case, people know the truth, yet they are still skeptical.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7844274/

9:18 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

It goes to show that even a nasty rumor can have adverse business consequences. I wonder if any company has purposely spread a false rumor to kill its competitor's business

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home