Thursday, June 02, 2005

Sex Images In Disney Movies

Since about highschool I've been hearing people say that there are hidden sexual images in most Disney movies. They always go on to tell me about the word 'sex' spelled out in the Lion King and about the priest getting an erection in the Little Mermaid. The people at Straight Dope seem to think these images are really there and claim to have seen them. . .

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdisneyperv.html

I've actually tried a couple times to watch these videos and pick out the so called subliminal sexual messages but I've never been able to find them. The people at snopes seem to have their doubts about the images as well and the status of the legend is still undetermined.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lionking.htm

I guess when it comes down to it cartoons are art and art is sometimes absract so people can see things in different ways. So it's probably possible that some people really do see these sexual images. I find it hard to believe, however, that Disney and the animators intentionally put such images in the movies. But I don't know, has anyonoe ever actually found the sex implications in the Lion King, Little Mermaid, or any other Disney movie?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home