Thursday, June 09, 2005

Tracking Cannibalism

In working on the paper for today on cannibalism I spent a lot of time looking through books in the library and sites online about different instances of cannibalism. What I mostly found were accounts of cannibalism referenced here or there, mentioned in passing but never fully explained. In searching for a topic I went through a number of cases, searching for one that had substantial evidence to back up the claims. Well, I never did find much subsantial evidence. With the exception of the Anasazi that we read about, the Donner Party, and a few other cases it seems like most of these accounts are primarily a product of oral tradition. This is not to say that cannibalism didn't or doesn't exit. But it definately makes me wonder how much truth there is to many of these stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home