Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yesterday was my best friends 21st birthday. She threw a big party at her beach house and of course she got realllllllly drunk. When it got dark a bunch of us ended up in the bathroom in front of the mirror. One of my friends started chanting "Bloody Mary" repeatedly while looking into the mirror. She swore that a women would appear if we all chanted her name 13 times. She never appeared. The whole experience took me back to elementary school acting silly in the bathroom during recess. I looked this urban legend up on-line and I was amzed at how many versons of this story are told. Take a look! http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/bloodymary.asp

2 Comments:

Blogger Richie said...

I personally have never heard of this urban legend until I viewed the WB (soon to be CW) show Supernatural. In one of their episodes, the two main characters, brothers to each other, meet Bloody Mary, a witch who supposedly appears if you say her name three times in a mirror. They say on the show that it has to be a bathroom mirror. I wish I could remember more, but this episode aired early in the 2005-2006 season.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Remember LIGHT AS A FEATHER, STIFF AS A BOARD?? it seems like there are many such myths practiced by group of girls in sleep-over settings. Ahhh, the good old days when we could defy gravity and help our friends levitate.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home