Sunday, June 04, 2006

Gang Initiations at Wal-Mart!

I have received several e-mails and have been verbally told by many of my friends and family to be aware of my surroundings whenever I am in a Wal-mart parking lot. Apparently there is a very dangerous and violent Mexican gang that has incorporated killing black females into their gang initiation. They hang out in the parking lot and several members kidnap a women and kill her. I am always very leary about believing gang initiation stories like this one or the one about flashing your headlights. However, I always take precaution because its not as if these sorts of things can never happen. I know that gangs can be very violent so this story is not unbelievable.

http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBScareChains.shtml

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah hill said...

gang initiations @ wal mart? wow! i've heard the one about the headlight gang.. and was terrified by it when i was younger, but i've never heard this one!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Matt Jacobs said...

I had never heard this kind of thing about a Wall Mart parking lot but I have heard a different one about mall parking lots in general. Supposedly, gang members hide under your car and when you go to unlock it, they slash your ankles. In some variations, the legend involves the gang member then slashing your wrist when you reach down to your ankle. This legend (which I think we mentioned briefly in class once) has also been told involving gas stations, but I have always heard it about mall parking lots. It is interesting to look at the phenomena of urban legends that involve parking lots. This could be a reflection of a fear of empty spaces where you are left all alone with no where to run away.

A link on Snopes discussing this legend:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/slasher.asp


(THERE ARE NO TOOL BUTTONS FOR ME TO DO THE HYPERLINK THING OR I WOULD HAVE DONE IT, SORRY)

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home