Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Cabbage Patch dolls...survivors of nuclear war?

I rememember being little and wanting a Cabbage Patch doll so badly because all of my friends had multiple dolls. After I finally got one I realized they were not that exciting...until now... I found an article on Snopes that says there was an urban legend that claimed Cabbage Patch dolls were modeled after people who survived a nuclear war. They were meant to be unattractive to get people used to the idea, so that when the time came, the supposed mutants would not seem so ugly and the human race would survive and reproduce. Some legends blame the Reagan administration, while others blame the CIA. The site also goes into more detail and other Cabbage Patch legends.

(My hyperlink button isn't working, but I'll check back later. Sorry.)
http://www.snopes.com/business/origins/cabbage.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home