Wednesday, May 24, 2006

La Cucaracha! La Cucaracha!

Most people do not think twice about stopping by a fastfood drive-thru for a quick bite to eat. However, some might think twice about what food they choose to eat and which fastfood restaurant they decide to frequent. I asked myself those very same questionstoday when I decided to grab somthing to eat on my way to picking up mother up from the Metro station. I told myself that whatever I was going to eat would definitely NOT be Taco Bell, but then I had to remember the reason why. I finally realized that i had not eaten Taco Bell in several years primarily because of a story that I had been told about Taco Bell's meat products and cockroach eggs. When i was in elementary school a friend of mine told me a story of an awful experience one of her friends had had with Taco Bell. She told me that her friend had eaten a taco and the next day she woke up to a swollen and achy mouth. After several days the swelling and the pain got worse. The girl finally decided to go to the doctor and she was told that a nest of cockroach eggs had been laid in her taco and were now being harvested in her mouth! Has anyone else heard this story or disturbing stories about any other fast-food chains and the ingredients used in their food products?

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/tacobell.asp

3 Comments:

Blogger EmilyGeise said...

EWWWWW! I have not heard the cockroach story but I did hear another gross tale that also put me off Taco Bell for life. I had a friend who said that she knew someone who has discovered a rat skull in her burrito. It's so disgusting, but could our food vendors really be serving us rat meat and cockroach eggs? Also another sidenote on fastfood restaurants, is KFC really forbidden to go by the name Kentucky Fried Chicken because there is not enough actual chicken in their food to justify it being called chicken?

8:25 AM  
Blogger Russ said...

on the topic of gross food stuff...
i don't know if any of you have had see's candy before, but if you read this you might think twice about trying it...my parents told me that one of their friends had some see's candy and their was super glue in the candy...he glued his mouth shut, and had to have major oral surgery to repair it...i had heard other stories of their being nuts and bolts found in see's candy as well

10:36 AM  
Blogger Brad Tucker said...

There have been other food stories that I have heard as well. For instance, that KFC is not real Chicken. The most disturbing one that I have heard was from a buddy of mine in High School. He told me that "he read" that a woman bit into a McDonalds Fried Chicken Sandwich, and it was all yellow. What she bit into was a Tumor, and she then therefore suffered some physical and emmotional issues.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home