Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Car Sold to Spite Husband

My favorite urban legend is the story that goes something like this: A man (or woman) sees an ad in the paper for an incredible deal on a car. The car is usually something outrageous like a Lamborgini or vintage Thunderbird, but it is being sold for a pittance, like $50 bucks. The person who sees the ad does not believe it, but calls the person anyway, maybe to tell them that it is a typo or something like that. Well incrediby it turns out that the seller is really giving it away at that price to spite her husband in a divorce settlement that says that the divorcing party is entitled to half of the car's sales each.

I've heard this story a few times with variations. Sometimes the price of the car is not so ludicrous-- I think I even heard the story once or twice involving the sale of a house at a ridiculously low price.

I searched the web for a little while to see if it was posted anywhere, but did not see it. I thought it would be easy to find. The closest I found was a similar story about a car being sold at a low price by the family of a dead war veteran. Snopes.com has one version:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/deadson.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home